This will be a favourite recipe this coming Summer. The warmer weather has us excited to fire up the BBQ and throw...
Asian-Inspired Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing
This simple recipe makes a huge salad with tonnes of flavour to keep it interesting. It’s packed with crunch, a creamy-tangy Asian-inspired dressing and with bursts of sweet citrus….this is no ordinary salad.
And with 41 grams of protein it’ll keep you going long past lunchtime.
497 cal | 22g Fats | 20g Carbs | 41g Protein
• 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons tahini
• 1 tablespoon tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
• 454g chopped rotisserie chicken breast, skin discarded
• 375g green cabbage, finely shredded
• 113g mixed baby salad greens
• 80g peapods, thinly sliced
• 1/2 red capsicum, julienned
• 4 medium mandarins, peeled and broken into segments
• 60g lime/chilli cashews, roughly chopped
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, tahini, tamari, honey and ginger. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, toss the chicken, cabbage, greens, peapods and capsicum. Add 2/3 of the dressing and toss to combine.
3) Arrange salad on 4 plates. Sprinkle with the oranges and cashews and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Beni Cook is the Head Personal Trainer and Founder of Beyond Best. Beni is a health and fitness expert who develops individualised exercise programs that will meet your own short and long-term objectives, while providing information, advice and encouragement that will enable you to lead your healthiest life, every day.
Navigating Festive Feasts: Practical Nutrition Strategies for Body Transformation Amidst Holiday Celebrations ...
Loaded with goodness, and using quinoa this chipotle-flavored chicken burrito bowl makes for a healthier but still...