Have you ever used cashews to create a creamy sauce? Cashews are protein rich and when blended they work perfectly as...
Asian-Inspired Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing
This simple recipe makes a huge salad with tonnes of flavour to keep it interesting. It’s packed with crunch, a creamy-tangy Asian-inspired dressing and with bursts of sweet citrus….this is no ordinary salad.
And with 41 grams of protein it’ll keep you going long past lunchtime.
497 cal | 22g Fats | 20g Carbs | 41g Protein
• 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons tahini
• 1 tablespoon tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
• 454g chopped rotisserie chicken breast, skin discarded
• 375g green cabbage, finely shredded
• 113g mixed baby salad greens
• 80g peapods, thinly sliced
• 1/2 red capsicum, julienned
• 4 medium mandarins, peeled and broken into segments
• 60g lime/chilli cashews, roughly chopped
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, tahini, tamari, honey and ginger. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, toss the chicken, cabbage, greens, peapods and capsicum. Add 2/3 of the dressing and toss to combine.
3) Arrange salad on 4 plates. Sprinkle with the oranges and cashews and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Beni Cook is the Head Personal Trainer and Founder of Beyond Best. Beni is a health and fitness expert who develops individualised exercise programs that will meet your own short and long-term objectives, while providing information, advice and encouragement that will enable you to lead your healthiest life, every day.
With the cooler weather comes all sorts of crazy cravings. If it's a sweet treat that you crave then we have you...
This Mexican chicken soup recipe is flavorful, fresh, and healthy! It’s really delicious and the whole family will...