Breakfast on the run, Brunch or a tasty snack. These high protein, quick and easy egg, bacon and mushroom cups are a breeze to make and they really are delicious.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (2 serves)
230 Cal | 16 Fats | 1 Carbs | 19g Protein
• 4 strips uncured bacon
• 4 eggs
• 1 large brown mushroom, thinly sliced and lightly sauteed
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• ¼ teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C. Lightly grease four bottoms of a nonstick muffin tray.
2) Partially cook the bacon: Place two paper towels on a microwave-safe plate. Place four slices of bacon on top. Cover the bacon with two more paper towels (to prevent splatters). Microwave for 2 minutes. This renders some of the fat and will help the bacon crisp up faster when baking.
3) Wrap a bacon strip around the sides of four muffin tin cups. Line with the sauteed mushroom. Break an egg into each cup.
4) Bake until the whites are set, 10-12 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and carefully run a sharp knife around the edges of each cup to help loosen. Use a soup spoon to carefully lift each cup from the muffin tray, inserting the spoon beneath the cups.
5) Season the eggs with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and fresh chives.