Have you ever used cashews to create a creamy sauce? Cashews are protein rich and when blended they work perfectly as a replacement for cream when making your creamy alfredo sauce.
This healthy take on the classic, Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is very high in protein and can be made in under 30 mins.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (5 serves)
365 Cal | 12g Fats | 26g Carbs | 38g Protein
• 3 large turnips, peeled and ends removed
• 1 teaspoon avocado oil
• 700g chicken breast, cut into 1.25cm cubes
• 6 cups (500g) broccoli florets, cut small
• Salt and pepper, to taste
For the alfredo sauce
• 1/2 cup (75g) + 2 tablespoons raw cashews
• 1 whole garlic bulb
• 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
• 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 cup (240ml) + 2 tablespoons water
• Salt, to taste
STEP BY STEP
1) Spiralize the turnips and set aside.
2) To make the sauce, place all of the sauce ingredients into a high-powered blender and puree until smooth and creamy, about 45 seconds.
3) Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add avocado oil and let it heat for about 30 seconds. Add chicken and salt and cook for 3–5 minutes, stirring occasionally until very lightly browned; (chicken should not be cooked all the way through yet).
4) Add broccoli and season with salt and pepper; sauté for 5 minutes. Add turnip noodles and cook for 2–3 more minutes.
5) Turn off the heat and top with sauce, mixing until well combined and warmed through. Plate and enjoy!!