This recipe is great if you’re having guests or you’re food prepping for the week and need leftovers.
Moist Chicken and flavorful rice……..it’s a must try.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (SERVES 8)
336 kcal | 15g Fats | 16g Carbs | 29g Protein
• 8 skinless chicken thighs
• 1 cup (200g) jasmine rice
• 4 spring onions, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1/3 cup (200ml) white wine
• 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
• 4 tbsp. dried cranberries
• 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
1) Heat the oven to 190C (375F)
2) Heat the oil in a large pan.
3) Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and fry for 5 minutes each side until golden brown, then take off the heat and transfer onto a plate.
Pour out most of the fat from the pan, leaving about 1 tbsp in the pan.
4) Add into the pan the peeled and sliced garlic and the spring onion, fry for 1 minute.
5) Add uncooked rice and fry again for about 1 minute.
6) Pour in the wine and cook for a further 2 minutes until most of the liquid evaporates.
7) Add all ingredients of hoisin sauce, hot stock, and cranberries, bring to a boil.
8) Transfer the rice into an over-proof dish and place the chicken thighs in the center.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
10) Once cooked, divide onto 4 plates and serve, or store (once cooled) in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.