Delight your guests this Christmas Feast with an incredibly easy and oh so enjoyable panko prawn dish. It’s crispy, lemony, garlicky, buttery and simply delicious!
Toasting the panko before topping the prawns makes for a super-crispy topping.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE
340 cal | 18g Fats | 7g Carbs | 36g Protein (approx 4 prawns per serve)
• ⅓ cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 700 gm large raw prawns, deveined, tail-on (approx 8-12 prawns)
• ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add panko to the skillet pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted and golden, approx 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer the panko to a small bowl and set aside.
2) Coat the bottom of a large glass or ceramic baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Pat prawns dry; place in a single layer in the prepared dish and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
3) Whisk butter, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl; pour the mixture evenly over the prawns.
4) Add Parmesan, chives and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the bowl with the panko; stir to combine. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prawns. Bake until the prawns are pink and cooked through, approx 8 to 10 minutes