Crustless quiche is everything you know and love about classic quiches – minus the carbs! While you can put almost anything in them, this ultra easy bacon and mushroom crustless quiche takes no time at all to prepare, is deeeeelicious and will keep perfectly in the fridge for days.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (6 serves)
307 Cal | 20.2 Fats | 8.1 Carbs | 33.5g Protein
• 6 large eggs
• 350 ml milk
• 170 g grated cheese (cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, or mozzarella)
• 450 g short cut bacon, chopped
• 200 portabella mushrooms, sliced
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• Handful of fresh spring onions, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• Salt & pepper to taste
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat your oven to 190°C. Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) tart pan with butter and set aside.
2) Cook the bacon in a pan until it’s slightly crispy, remove and set aside on a plate covered with a paper towel to soak up additional fats. Using the same pan saute the mushrooms until tender and lightly browned. Chop the bacon, red onion, and spring onion and set aside.
3) Combine the milk and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Add the bacon, mushroom, cheese, red onion, spring onion and seasoning to the egg and milk mixture. Stir well to combine.
5) Pour the mixture into the prepared tart pan. If necessary, stir to make sure the fillings are evenly distributed throughout the quiche batter.
6) Bake the quiche for 45 – 50 minutes until golden and set, remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.