This juicy chicken dinner packs a tonne of flavour with fresh herbs, sweet corn, vinegar and chilli. This ones guaranteed to get your tastebuds dancing.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
176 Cal | 6.7g Fats | 4.6g Carbs | 23.9g Protein
• 1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes, divided
• ⅓ cup chopped fresh chives
• 1/3 cup fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
• 1 ½ tablespoons red-wine vinegar, or to taste
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
• 1/4-1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
• 3/4 cup chopped green or red capsicum (or a combination)
• ¾ cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed), cooked if preferred
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approx 250g each), trimmed
• 2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 2 ½ teaspoons chilli powder
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
STEP BY STEP
1) To prepare salsa: Place 1 cup tomatoes in a food processor with chives, coriander or parsley, oregano, vinegar, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Process until the mixture is coarsely pureed. Add capsicum and pulse 4 or 5 times to incorporate. Transfer to a nonreactive bowl; stir in corn and the remaining 1/2 cup tomatoes. Taste and add more vinegar, salt, pepper and/or hot sauce, if desired.
2) To prepare chicken: Cut each chicken breast in half on the diagonal to make 4 equal portions. Combine 1/4 cup of the salsa, 2 tablespoons liquid drained from the salsa, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, chilli powder and garlic in a nonreactive medium shallow bowl. Add the chicken pieces and stir or until well coated. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Cover and refrigerate the remaining salsa
3) Preheat grill to medium-high. Thoroughly shake off the marinade from the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Brush on both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. (Discard the marinade.) Grill, turning once, approx 10 to 14 minutes. Serve the chicken with the reserved salsa.
To bump this up into a bigger meal: Serve with brown rice or grilled zucchini and or asparagus.