All the flavours of carrot cake but without the guilt and the hassle of baking for hours.
Packed with flavour these Low-Cal Carrot Cake Energy Balls make a healthy and delicious no-bake snack or a sweet treat that contains no added sugar!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (22 serves)
48 Cal | 1.7 Fats | 8.2 Carbs | 0.9 Protein
• 1 cup pitted dates
• ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• ¼ cup chopped pecans
• ¼ cup chia seeds
• 2 medium carrots (about 4 oz. total), finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• ¼ teaspoon all spice
• ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Pinch of ground pepper
STEP BY STEP
1) Combine dates, oats, pecans, and chia seeds in a food processor; pulse until well combined and chopped.
2) Add carrots, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper; process until all ingredients are well chopped and a paste begins to form.
3) Roll the mixture into balls using a scant 1 Tbsp.
These will keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up to one week. Or freeze for up to 3 months.