Chicken breast is a convenient ingredient that’s a staple in most kitchens. But let’s face it, sometimes it can be hard to get excited about another chicken dinner. So let’s take it to the next level by stuffing the breast with Mediterranean flavours, feta, roasted peppers, spinach and more. Just add your fave salad and it’ll be a winner every time.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (8 serves)
179 Cal | 7.4g Fats | 1.9g Carbs | 24.4g Protein
• ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
• ½ cup chopped roasted red capsicum
• ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
• ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts approx 250g each
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground pepper
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Combine feta, roasted red peppers, spinach, olives, basil, parsley and garlic in a medium bowl.
2) Using a small knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff each breast pocket with about 1/3 cup of the feta mixture; secure the pockets using tooth picks. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
3) Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the stuffed breasts, top-sides down, in the pan; cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the chicken; transfer the pan to the oven. Bake until cooked through, approx 20 to 25 minutes. Drizzle the chicken evenly with lemon juice. Remove the tooth picks from the chicken before serving.
Make it a meal: Serve with your fave salad.