This strawberry chicken salad is filled with fresh fruit, goat cheese, almonds, and chicken and makes my mouth water just thinking about it! The strawberry balsamic dressing gives it the perfect flavor and takes this salad over the top! Perfect to enjoy on a Spring or Summers day.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
389 Cal | 23.1g Fats | 16.1g Carbs | 29.6g Protein
• 2 cups quartered strawberries, divided
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon salt plus 1/8 teaspoon, divided
• ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon ketchup
• 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
• 453g chicken tenders
• 1 (28g) package baby spinach
• ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
• ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
• ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat grill to medium-high.
2) Combine 1 cup strawberries, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in oil. Transfer 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette to a large bowl. Add ketchup and preserves to the blender and pulse until smooth.
3) Sprinkle chicken with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken until it releases easily, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and baste with the BBQ sauce from the blender. Cook, flipping and basting every 15 seconds, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 73 degrees C, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
4) Add spinach, almonds, feta, basil and the remaining 1 cup strawberries to the vinaigrette; toss to combine. Serve the salad topped with the chicken and enjoy!!