Here’s an easy low calorie salad that only takes 20 minutes to throw together. Great for a busy week night meal.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
245 cal | 8.5g Fats | 11g Carbs | 31g Protein
• 565 gm Boneless beef strip steak
• 1 Small Bartlett pear
• 2 Spring onion
• 1 Small red chilli
• 2 Limes
• 1 tbsp Fish sauce
• 2 tsp Brown sugar
• 1 tsp Water
• 150 gm Mixed salad greens
• 1 cup Fresh coriander
• Chopped peanuts
STEP BY STEP
1) Trim any fat off of the boneless beef strip steak. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Thinly slice Bartlett pear, spring onion (on a diagonal) and the small red chilli. Set everything aside.
2) Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired taste, or approx 3 to 4 minutes per side, if you prefer medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest.
3) Squeeze 4 tablespoons of lime juice into a large bowl then add fish sauce, sugar and water. Stir until combined and sugar has dissolved.
4) Add the sliced pear, spring onion and chilli to the bowl containing the lime dressing. Toss to combine. Then gently fold in the mixed salad greens and coriander. To serve, plate up the salad and place the steak on top then sprinkle with the chopped peanuts, if desired.