This Baked Chicken and Carrots with Coriander Lime Sauce recipe is packed with bold flavours and is the perfect quick and easy way to spice up your grilled chicken!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (2 serves)
278 Cal | 17g Fats | 5g Carbs | 26g Protein
• 225g Chicken Breast
• 1 1/2 Carrot (medium-sized, peeled, roughly chopped)
• 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
• 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
• 3/4 cup Coriander
• 2 1/4 tsp Ginger (fresh, grated or minced)
• 1 1/2 tsp Lime Juice
• 1 1/2 tsp Water (optional)
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat the oven to 200oC and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Arrange the chicken and carrots on the baking sheet. Season with a quarter of the oil and half of the salt. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender.
3) While the chicken is cooking, add the coriander, ginger, lime and remaining salt to a food processor. With the food processor running, add in the remaining oil. Blend until mostly smooth. Add in the water to thin, if necessary.
4) Divide the chicken and carrots between plates and spoon the coriander lime sauce over top. Enjoy!
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving size: One serving is half a chicken breast, 3/4 cup of carrots and 2 tablespoons of the sauce.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.