This Chicken and Spinach Pasta recipe is incredibly flavorful and made with tender chicken, savoury Parmesan, zesty lemon, and nutritious spinach.
A quick and easy week night dinner that everyone will love.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
335 Cal | 12g Fats | 25g Carbs | 29g Protein
225g whole-wheat penne pasta
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
450g boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, trimmed, if necessary, and cut into bite-size pieces
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup dry white wine
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
10 cups chopped fresh spinach
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
STEP BY STEP
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set the pasta aside.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in wine, lemon juice and zest; bring to a simmer.
4) Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and the cooked pasta. Cover and let stand until the spinach is just wilted.
5) Divide among 4 plates and top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.