If you love Salmon then you’ll adore these 5-star Salmon cakes with creamy dill sauce. Quick to prepare, golden and crispy on the outside, moist and savoury on the inside with lovely big flakes of salmon!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serving)
350 Cal | 5.5g Fats | 25.8g Carbs | 34.4g Protein
Salmon Cakes Ingredients:
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 425g canned salmon, drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 cups fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Creamy Dill Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup nonfat plain yoghurt
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill, or parsley
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat oven to 230°C. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until softened for about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley; remove from the heat.
3) In a medium bowl, flake apart salmon with a fork; remove any bones and skin. Add egg and mustard; mix well. Add the onion mixture, breadcrumbs, and pepper; mix well. Make 8 patties about 2 1/2 inches wide.
4) Heat the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in the pan over medium heat. Add 4 patties and cook until the undersides are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining patties.
5) Bake the salmon cakes until golden on top and heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Creamy Dill Sauce.