Cauliflower rice is a nutritious alternative to rice that’s low in calories and carbs. And when teamed with succulent and flavorful jerk chicken it makes for a delicious and warming dish. Also a great recipe to use for weekly lunch or dinner prepping.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
397 Cal | 24g Fats | 15g Carbs | 33g Protein
For the Marinade:
• 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
• 1 tsp. ground allspice
• 2 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tbsp. lime juice
For the Chicken & Rice:
• 450g chicken breast
• 400g cauliflower rice (one ingredient cauli rice recipe)
• 2 tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 250mls canned light coconut milk
• 1 lime, zest and juice
• handful coriander, to garnish
• lime wedges, to serve
STEP BY STEP
1) Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl or container. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat in marinade, leave to marinade for 15 mins or overnight.
2) Heat the 1 tbsp. coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, until softened.
3) Next add in the garlic and cauliflower rice, cook for 2 minutes and add in coconut milk. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the coconut milk is absorbed, then remove from heat and stir in the lime zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in another pan over medium heat and cook the chicken for 8-10 mins until cooked through and browned. Once cooked serve with the cauliflower rice.
5) Garnish the rice with chopped coriander and serve with lime wedges.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s blog.