Crunchy homemade oven-bake chicken nuggets are a healthier version of everyone’s favourite snack! They come out juicy and tender on the inside, with the most amazing crunch on the outside.
They’re the BEST!!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
270 Cal | 7g Fats | 18g Carbs | 32g Protein
• 90g panko breadcrumbs
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. black pepper
• 1 tsp. onion powder
• 1 tsp. paprika
• 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp. almond milk
• 450g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2) Place the panko breadcrumbs into a medium bowl, add the dried spices and mix through. Set aside.
3) In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and almond milk.
4) Dip the chicken first into the egg mixture and then toss in the breadcrumbs until completely coated. Place each cube of chicken onto the lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
5) Serve your nuggets with your favorite low fat dipping sauce and enjoy!!
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.