Raise your hand if you love Brownies. Raise your other hand if you love Pumpkin. Boy have we got the treat for you. These Pumpkin Brownies are light, cakey and delicious and with an added bonus of 2g protein per serve. We love this recipe!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (16 serves)
114 Cal | 5g Fats | 18g Carbs | 2g Protein
- ¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line an 8-inch-square metal baking pan with parchment paper, allowing it to overhang the edges. Coat with cooking spray.
2) Whisk flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a medium bowl. Whisk sugar, pumpkin, egg, butter, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined. Add the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.