If you’re looking to add more veggies to your diet, you’ve got to try these Zucchini Breakfast Wraps! They are zucchini wraps made from shredded tortillas, then filled with scrambled eggs and your favorite breakfast fillings. Wrap these up and eat them like a taco or a wrap. They’re low-carb, high in protein, and absolutely delicious!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (2 serves)
268 Cal | 14g Fats | 11g Carbs | 24g Protein
• 1 zucchini
• 1 egg, for the crepe
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 2 tsp.+ 1 tbsp. olive oil
• salt & pepper
• 2 tsp. thyme
• 1 tbsp. potato starch
• 1 tbsp. rice flour
• 4 eggs, whisked, for the filling
• 60g smoked salmon
• 2 tbsp. chopped chives
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2) Grate the zucchini using a small-mesh grater, then place in a sieve and squeeze firmly to remove as much liquid as possible.
3) Place the zucchini into a bowl and add the egg, garlic, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Mix everything together, then add potato starch and rice flour and mix again.
4) Divide the mixture equally into 4 and place on the lined baking sheet. Spread the mixture into circles roughly 6-inches (15cm) in diameter. Place the tray into the oven for 15 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a non-stick skillet, add the eggs and scramble gently over a medium heat. Then remove the eggs from the heat to stop them cooking further.
6) Arrange the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs over the wrap. Sprinkle with chives and fold the sides of the wrap over the filling. Serve immediately.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.