Everyone needs a salmon recipe that is quick, easy, and can wow a dinner guest – This baked salmon tray with tomatoes and rice is it! Full of flavor and beautiful too.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
476 Cal | 19g Fats | 44g Carbs | 31g Protein
• 400g salmon fillet, skin removed
• 1 tsp. honey
• 2 tbsp. soy sauce
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 4 slices of lemon + 2 tbsp of juice
• 200g jasmine rice
• 150g cherry tomatoes
• handful basil leaves
• 4 tbsp. natural yoghurt, 0% fat
• 2 tsp. paprika
• 1/2 tsp. curry
• 1 tsp. oregano
• pinch of chilli flakes
STEP BY STEP
1) Cut the salmon fillet into 4 pieces. Rinse, dry and place in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, curry, and oregano. Add honey, soy sauce, 2 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, mix everything and cover the salmon.
2) Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
3) Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain it, then transfer into a baking dish and spread the rice over the whole surface of the dish.
4) Place the salmon fillets on top of the rice, add the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves, then sprinkle with chilli flakes.
5) Top salmon with lemon slices, and drizzle over the remaining marinade and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
6) Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s blog.