Frittatas aren’t just for breakfast, they make great brunch, lunch, or dinner meals.
Cauliflower takes the place of potatoes in this easy frittata, making a lower-carb, high-protein, vegetable-rich meal.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 SERVES)
210 cal | 11g Fats | 10g Carbs | 19g Protein
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 150g chopped onion
• 450g chopped cauliflower
• 120g spinach
• 125g chevre cheese
• 2 large eggs
• 7 large egg whites
• 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
STEP BY STEP
1) Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
2) In a large skillet, drizzle the olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the onions and stir until sizzling. Add the cauliflower and stir for a minute, then cover the pan and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Scrape the cauliflower mixture into the pie pan, allowing it to cool for 10 minutes.
3) In the bowl of a food processor, place the spinach and process to chop. Scrape down the sides and add the chevre cheese and process to puree. Add the eggs, egg whites, parmesan and thyme and process until smooth.
4) Pour the egg mixture over the cauliflower, using a spatula to distribute the eggs and vegetables evenly.
5) Bake for 45 minutes, until the frittata is puffed in the center and feels firm to touch. Cool on a rack for at least 5 minutes before cutting into four portions. Serve warm.