These Protein packed, easy to prepare Seafood Sushi Bowls have all of the flavours of Sushi Rolls but are made in a lot less time. And topped with a wasabi-soy dressing that’s a flavor explosion!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 SERVES)
400 cal | 19g Fats | 22g Carbs | 37g Protein
• 200g short-grain brown rice
• 1 pinch salt
• 6g dried wakame seaweed
• 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
• 340g wild sashimi-grade salmon, skin removed, thinly sliced
• 227g peeled and deveined shrimp, cooked
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• 150g avocado, pitted and sliced
• 60g salmon roe (optional)
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
STEP BY STEP
1) Combine the rice with 1 1/2 cups water and 1 pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a bare simmer and cook until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender, 30 minutes. Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
2) While the rice cooks, soak the seaweed in 1 cup cold water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a small bowl
3) Whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, wasabi and ginger.
4) Divide the rice between 4 bowls. Arrange the seaweed, salmon, shrimp, avocado and salmon roe on top of the rice. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve immediately