Loaded with goodness, and using quinoa this chipotle-flavored chicken burrito bowl makes for a healthier but still delicious version of a traditional Mexican Burrito Bowl.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
452 Cal | 19g Fats | 36g Carbs | 36g Protein
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup prepared pico de gallo (easy pico de gallo recipe) or other salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar
- Lime wedges for serving
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat grill to medium-high (or preheat broiler).
2) Combine chipotle, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl and set aside.
3) Oil the grill rack or a rimmed baking sheet, if broiling. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil it on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes. Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
4) Assemble each burrito bowl with 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup beans, 1/4 avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo (or other fresh salsa) and 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve with a lime wedge.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.