If you’re looking for an easy yet incredibly delicious homemade Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe, then look no further! You’ve found it! This soup is the perfect mix of simple, and satisfying.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
378 Cal | 11g Fats | 29g Carbs | 37g Protein
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 cups sliced mushrooms, (about 4 ounces)
• ¾ cup chopped celery
• ¾ cup chopped carrots
• ¼ cup chopped shallots
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 4 cup of reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 cup quick-cooking or instant wild rice,
• 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, or turkey (See notes)
• ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
STEP BY STEP
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots and shallots; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more.
2) Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in turkey (or chicken), sour cream and parsley; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
Notes: To poach chicken breasts, place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a medium skillet or saucepan. Add lightly salted water to cover and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.