Enjoy all the wonderful flavours of restaurant-style curry without leaving the house! This Green Chicken Curry is full of creamy texture, high in protein, and rich in antioxidants. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
451 Cal | 15g Fats | 5g Carbs | 30g Protein
• 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil or olive oil
• 450g Skinless boneless chicken breast sliced
• Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
• 2-3 Garlic Cloves finely grated or crushed
• 2 Tsp Fresh Ginger finely grated
• 1 Tbsp Lemongrass paste or Green Curry Paste
• 400mls Coconut milk (1 can)
• 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
• 1 Large Zucchini cut into half-moons
• 1 Green Capsicum chopped
• 1 Cup Frozen green peas thawed
• 1 Cup Fresh or frozen green beans (thawed if frozen), cut into 1.5” pieces
• 1-2 Spring Onions, thinly sliced to garnish
• Small bunch of chopped Coriander to garnish
• 1 Jalapeño or green chilli thinly sliced to garnish
• Lime wedges, to serve
STEP BY STEP
1) Heat oil in a medium pot or skillet over medium-high heat.
2) Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sear until golden on the sides, about 4-5 minutes.
3) Add in garlic, ginger and lemongrass paste and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
4) Add coconut milk, fish sauce, mix and bring to simmer. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced.
5) Stir in veggies, and continue to cook for 2-4 minutes, until just softened. Take off the heat and serve next to cooked brown rice. Add garnishes of choice and enjoy!
This can be served with the rice of your choice or even cauliflower rice for an extra veggie packed punch.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.