Ready in only 5 minutes. This decadent Low-Calorie Mug Cake really does tick all the boxes. It’s quick and easy, low calorie, high in protein and incredibly delicious.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (1 serve)
Cal 125 | 5g Fats | 7g Carbs | 20g Protein
• ½ Scoop (15g) Vanilla protein powder (best results are made with a casein/whey blend – it bakes the best)
• 2 Tbsps (10g) cocoa powder
• 2 Tbsps (20g) Monk Fruit 100% Natural Sweetener
• ¼ teaspoon baking powder
• 1 Large Egg
• 2 tablespoons (25g) Unsweetened apple sauce
• Pinch of salt
STEP BY STEP
1) Add the dry ingredients to a small bowl, and whisk until combined.
2) In another small bowl, add the egg and apple sauce and combine with a whisk until well incorporated with one another.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and use a spatula to mix them until a thick chocolate batter forms.
4) Coat a ramekin – or mug – with baking spray and pour batter into it.
5) Bake in the microwave for around 30 seconds, check to see how it’s baking, then bake for another 20-30 seconds (the center should look ever so slightly wet – it will continue to bake as it cools).
Cool for 3-5 minutes and enjoy!
Sprinkle with fresh raspberries or semi sweet choc chips (additional calories apply)