Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups are one of those meals that will make you forget that you’re eating healthy!
Based on the popular Thai dish Larb Gai, this is a quick, easy, and flavorful weeknight dinner.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (2 serves, 2 cups per serve)
360 Cal | 22g Fats | 14g Carbs | 26g Protein
• 1 tbsp chopped garlic
• 1/2 large shallot, chopped
• 3/4 tbsp chopped ginger, about 3 thin slices
• 1/3 cup chopped carrots, about 1 medium size carrot
• 1/3 cup chopped celery
• 3 whole water chestnuts, chopped, optional
• 115g raw prawns, peeled, deveined, and diced.
• 1 tbsp Avocado oil
• 115g ground chicken breast,
• coarse salt, to taste
• white pepper, to taste
• 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
• 1 tbsp coconut aminos
• 1 tsp hot pepper sauce, optional
• 1 1/2-2 tbsp apple juice , or water
Serve and garnish:
• 0.5-1 heads Iceburg lettuce
• 1/2 tbsp Toasted almond or cashew nuts, chopped
• 1/2 bulb scallion, chopped
STEP BY STEP
1) Prepare ingredients from garlic to chestnuts. If using Prawns then dice then into to bite size pieces. Prepare the sauce in one bowl. Set them aside until ready to use.
2) In a well-heated large skillet or wok, add 2 tbsp oil. Saute garlic, shallot, and ginger over medium high heat with a pinch of salt until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
3) Add ground chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until the meat is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Then lower the heat to medium, saute for 2 additional minutes. Your
skillet should not be wet and watery or the dish will be less tasty.
4) Turn the heat up to medium-high, add carrots and celery. Season with a pinch of salt. Saute for 1 minute. Add chestnuts and shrimp, if using. Saute for another 1 minute.
5) Add 2 tbsp sauce and stir-fry for coat it all over, about 10 seconds. Keep the sauce minimal so the texture remains crunchy and not soggy. Taste and make seasoning adjustments to your liking Heat off!
6) To serve, place the lettuce wraps over a large serving tray/plate. Load each lettuce cup with several tablespoons of the mixture into the center. Garnish with spring onion and nuts. Serve the extra sauce on the side. Serve in room temperature.
If you’re looking to try another low carb chicken recipe why not check out our Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo