Most of us need to eat more fruit, vegetables, and protein. So why not combine all 3 into one incredibly tasty meal?
This Steak & Blueberry Spinach Salad is packed with protein, nutrients, and antioxidants. Perfect for lunch or dinner on a warm Summer’s day.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
390 Cal | 26g Fats | 29.2g Carbs | 29.2g Protein
• 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
• ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
• 3 tablespoons fruity vinegar, such as raspberry vinegar
• 1 tablespoon minced shallot
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt, divided
• 3 tablespoons walnut oil or canola oil
• 450g sirloin steak or strip steak (1-1 1/4 inches thick), trimmed
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 8 cups baby spinach
• ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat grill to medium.
2) Pulse 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup walnuts, vinegar, shallot, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor to form a chunky paste. With the motor running, add oil until incorporated. Transfer the dressing to a large bowl.
3) Sprinkle steak with pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Oil the grill rack. Grill the steak about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, 6 minutes per side for medium. Let rest on a clean cutting board for 5 minutes.
4) Add spinach to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide the spinach among 4 plates. Thinly slice the steak crosswise. Top the spinach with the steak, feta and the remaining blueberries and walnuts and Enjoy!!
If you’re looking to experiment with adding fruit to salads then check out the Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad