This Garlic Parmesan Prawn and Zoodle dish is a healthy, one pan meal that’s low carb and packed with flavor. Tender zucchini noodles are tossed with prawns and seasoned with savory garlic and Parmesan cheese. Made in one pan and ready in less than 30 minutes, this meal is perfect for busy weeknights!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
286 Cal | 15.4 Fats | 8.1 Carbs | 27.4 Protein
• 4 to 6 medium zucchini (a little over 1 kg), trimmed
• ½ teaspoon salt, divided
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• ⅓ cup dry white wine
• 500g peeled and deveined raw prawns, tails left on if desired
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
• ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Lemon wedges for serving
STEP BY STEP
1) Using a spiraliser turn the zucchini’s into long zucchini noodles. Place the zucchini noodles in a colander and toss with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let drain for 15 minutes, then gently squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
2) Meanwhile, heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Carefully add wine and bring to a simmer. Add prawns and cook, stirring, until the prawns are just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, parsley, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
3) Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and gently toss until hot, about 3 minutes. Pour the shrimp mixture over the zucchini and gently toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan and a squeeze of lemon.