Wow everyone at your Christmas Lunch with this beautiful salad dish.
Grilling peaches makes them extra juicy and sweet, and perfect for complementing grilled chicken and earthy French lentils in this warm, main course salad.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 SERVES)
258 cal | 10g Fats | 26g Carbs | 19g Protein
• 1/2 cup French green lentils
• 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
• 37ml olive oil
• 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
• 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 170g boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 large (170 g) stone peaches, halved and pitted
• 1/2 cup, loosely packed mint leaves, torn
• 1/2 cup, loosely packed basil leaves, torn
STEP BY STEP
1) In a small saucepan, combine the lentils with 3 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the lentils are just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain.
2) While the lentils are cooking, preheat a grill pan over medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, oil, shallots, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a medium bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat, set the remaining dressing aside.
3) Place the chicken and peach halves, cut side down, on the grill. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, approx 4-5 minutes per side. Cook the peaches until charred on the cut side and softened slightly, approx 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut chicken into thin slices and the peaches into bite-size pieces.
4) Divide the warm lentils among 4 plates. Arrange the chicken and peaches over the top. Sprinkle with the herbs and drizzle each salad with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the remaining dressing. Serve warm.