Start your busy day right with a Healthy High Protein Breakfast Muffin. Each serve is packed with 17g of Protein to help you feel full and give you lots of energy for your morning.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (serving size 2 / 6 serves)
220 Cal | 15g Fats | 5g Carbs | 17g Protein
• Cooking spray
• 3 cups in total of chopped spinach, broccoli, red capsicum, and spring onion
• ½ cup water
• 120g shredded sharp cheddar cheese (feta could be used as an alternative)
• 11 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, optional
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) Place veggies and water in a medium saucepan. Cover and set over high heat. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and drain the vegetables in a sieve.
3) Divide the vegetables evenly amoung the muffin tin wells and top with cheddar cheese (or feta).
4) Whisk eggs, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
5) Pour egg mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large measuring jug then carefully pour over the vegetables and cheese, dividing evenly amoung the cups.
6) Transfer to the oven and bake until the eggs are puffed in the center, 18 to 22 minutes.
7) Let cool at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
*Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat or enjoy cold.