This healthy and low-calorie Asian-inspired chicken and broccoli stir fry is a quick weeknight dinner that will not disappoint. Better than takeaway, and healthier too – this 30-minute Stir Fry is bursting with rich, savory flavor that will please even the pickiest of eaters.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
165 Cal | 7g Fats | 11g Carbs | 15g Protein
• 2 large (or 3 small-medium) boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut into ½-inch pieces
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
• 3 cups broccoli florets
• ⅓ cup chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce – or oyster sauce
• 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• ½ cup cold water + 1 tablespoon corn starch
• chopped spring onions and sesame seeds for garnish
STEP BY STEP
1) Whisk together all sauce ingredients (except for water and corn starch) and set aside.
2) Drizzle a large skillet over medium heat with oil. Add chicken, season with Chinese five-spice, and saute for 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add broccoli florets to pan, saute for 2-3 minutes until broccoli starts to become crisp on the edges. Add 1/3 cup chicken broth and cook for 4-6 minutes longer until broccoli is fork-tender.
3) Add chicken back to the pan. Pour sauce into the pan and give it a good stir. Whisk together 1/2 cup cold water and corn starch until dissolved, then stir into the pan. Once the sauce has thickened (about 1 minute) cook 2-3 minutes longer, then garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds and serve.