Looking for a warm and scrumptious guilt-free dessert that takes only minutes to prep? We found it!
These Spiced Roasted Apples and Blackberries are super easy to make, are low calorie and contain less than 1g of fat. They’ll leave you smiling and satisfied.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
129 Cal | 0.3g Fats | 32g Carbs | 1g Protein
• 4 medium Granny Smith apples, each weighing about 200g
• 4 tbsp clear honey
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• finely grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
• 250g blackberries
• pinch of all spice (optional)
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4/fan 160C. Core the apples so you have a 25cm hole in each one and make a cut just into the skin around the middle of each apple.
2) Stand the apples in a shallow baking dish large enough to take all four. Mix together the honey, cinnamon and orange zest, put an equal amount into the cavity of each apple, then pour the orange juice into the dish.
3) Roast the apples for about 40 minutes, spooning the juices over them occasionally. Then, when the apples are almost ready, spoon the blackberries around and over the top of each apple. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the juices start to run. Spoon the blackberries and juices over the apples to serve.
Serving suggestions: Can be eaten alone or with your choice of low fat ice cream, low fat Greek yoghurt, low fat whipped cream or low-fat fromage frais.
Notes: For spice lovers we suggest adding a pinch of nutmeg along with the cinnamon or a pinch of all spice.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.