These bowls are piled with juicy prawns, avocado, black beans, and corn all layered on a bed of healthy and nutritious cauliflower rice, then topped off with a delightfully creamy avocado crema. These bowls make fabulous prep-ahead lunches or dinners too!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
402 Cal | 20g Fats | 28g Carbs | 32g Protein
• 450g large prawn, peeled and deveined
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chilli in adobo
• 3 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
• 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
• ½ cup roughly chopped coriander, plus 2 tablespoons , divided
• 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• ½ teaspoon salt, divided
• ¾ teaspoon ground cumin, divided
• ¾ teaspoon garlic powder, divided
• 4 cups cauliflower rice (see Tip)
• 4 spring onion, sliced
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 cup canned no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and warmed
• 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, warmed
• Lime wedges for serving
STEP BY STEP
1) Stir prawns, chipotle and 1 tablespoon oil together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2) Place avocado, 1/2 cup coriander, yoghurt, lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a mini food processor. Process until mostly smooth and set aside in a bowl.
3) Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prawns and cook, stirring once or twice, until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine. Add cauliflower rice, spring onion and water. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
4) Combine beans with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Combine corn and the remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro in another small bowl.
5) To serve, divide the cauliflower mixture among 4 bowls. Top with the prawns, beans, corn and avocado crema.
Tip: To make your own cauliflower rice, working in batches, pulse 8 cups cauliflower florets in a food processor until chopped into rice-size pieces.
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.