Tender-baked sweet potatoes form the base of this luxurious pudding. Rich cacao powder, caramel-like dates, and a dash of sea salt transform it into a creamy and comforting treat.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
176 Cal | 7g Fats | 26g Carbs | 3g Protein
• 2 Sweet Potato, medium (approx 1.5 cups of cooked sweet potato)
• 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
• 1/3 cup Cacao Powder
• 1/4 Pitted Dates
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
• 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries (or strawberries, sliced)
• 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, toasted
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat the oven to 200 C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and add to the tray cut side down then pierce all over with a fork. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
2) Remove the sweet potato from the oven. Let cool slightly and peel the skin off.Add the sweet potato along with the almond milk, cacao powder, dates, vanilla,and sea salt to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
3) Divide the pudding into bowls and top with your blueberries (or strawberry slices) and coconut flakes. Enjoy!
For more fantastic health-conscious meal ideas and articles please visit Beyond Best Personal Training’s BLOG.