Heeeey, we’re only human and we all have cravings……so here’s a deliciously sweet banana muffin that you can be enjoyed, guilt-free! They’re almost too good to be true.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (12 serves)
193 Cal | 6 Fats | 32 Carbs | 5 Protein
• 1 ½ cups white whole-wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¾ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ⅓ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
• ⅓ cup creamy natural peanut butter, well stirred
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup mashed banana (from 2 very ripe bananas)
• ½ cup packed light brown sugar
• ⅓ cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¾ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
STEP BY STEP
1) Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2) Whisk yogurt and peanut butter together in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, banana, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla; whisk to combine. Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture until the flour is mostly incorporated.
3) Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups (3 heaping tablespoons each); sprinkle evenly with walnuts. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean, 18 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or let cool completely about 30 minutes.
To make ahead: Wrap airtight and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.