Zesty and flavorful, every bite of this Chicken Taco Soup packs a punch! This easy homemade soup is packed with nutrients and lean protein and is a healthy option the whole family will enjoy.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (2 serves, 2 cups per serve)
258 Cal | 7g Fats | 22.7g Carbs | 30g Protein
• ½ Tbsp avocado or coconut oil
• 1 small brown onion, diced
• 1 small red capsicum, diced
• 1 small green capsicum, diced
• 5 cloves garlic, minced
• 450g boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1 1/2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp chipotle powder
• 1 tsp paprika
• 2 tsp cumin
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• 1 can diced tomatoes (fire roasted is best)
• 1/2 – 1 full jar of canned green chilies
• ¼ c. fresh lime juice
• 4 cups chicken broth
• Fresh coriander, for serving
• Diced red onion, for serving
• Lime wedges, for serving
• Handful of lightly crushed plain corn chips, for serving
STEP BY STEP
1) Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in the avocado or coconut oil. Next, add the capsicum, onion, and garlic to the pot. Saute for 3-4 minutes until the onions start to become translucent.
2) Add the chicken breast, canned tomatoes, canned green chilies, spices, lime juice, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir until well combined. Bring the soup to a rolling boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow the soup to simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and easy to shred.
3) Transfer the chicken breast from the soup to a small bowl. Use two forks to shred the meat. Add the chicken back to the soup and stir until well combined. Serve the soup with fresh coriander, diced red onion, crushed corn chips and fresh lime wedges. Enjoy!
*Also a great option for lunch prepping.
If you’re looking to try another healthy recipe why not check out our Mexican Style Chicken Soup