Perfect as a starter or light lunch. When it comes to mouthwatering dinners ready in minutes—nothing beats scallops, with their crispy, golden brown crust and succulent, buttery interiors.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
215 Cal | 6g Fats | 16.7g Carbs | 22.5g Protein
• 453g fresh scallops
• 1 cup water
• ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• ¾ teaspoon finely shredded orange peel, divided
• ½ teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel, divided
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
• 4 teaspoons of butter
• ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 4 leaves Fresh basil leaves
STEP BY STEP
1) Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
2) Combine the water, quinoa, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of the shredded orange peel, 1/4 teaspoon of the shredded lemon peel, the salt, and crushed red pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in chopped basil.
3) Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until scallops are nearly opaque, turning once. Remove scallops from the skillet; keep warm. Add broth, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon shredded orange peel, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon shredded lemon peel to the skillet. Bring to boiling. Boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
4) Serve scallops and broth mixture over quinoa mixture. If desired, garnish with basil leaves.