Meal prepping is simply the act of preparing a meal or recipe, then portioning it out to create grab-and-go meals for later. New or old to meal prepping we recommend trying these Grilled Prawn Meal Prep Bowls. Healthy, simple and delicious!!
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE (4 serves)
350 Cal | 10g Fats | 54g Carbs | 25g Protein
• 500g jumbo prawns, peeled and deveined
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice separated
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 4 garlic cloves minced
• 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
• 1/2 tablespoon honey
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 red pepper flakes
• ¼ cup olive oil separated
• ¼ cup chopped coriander
BLACK BEAN CORN SALAD
• 2 cups sweet corn canned, frozen, or grilled
• 420g can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
• 1.5 cup cherry tomatoes diced
• 1/4 cup fresh coriander
• 1/3 cup crumbled feta
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno (optional)
• 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
• pinch of salt
• 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 avocado, diced (optional)
• 1 cup white rice
STEP BY STEP
1) Begin by preparing the prawn marinade. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic, dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes into a large bowl. Whisk the marinade together.
3) Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the marinade while whisking until all the ingredients are combined. Add the prawns to the marinade and toss to coat.
4) Place the prawns into the fridge and let them sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour, but no longer. (If they sit in the marinade for longer than 1 hour they may begin to cook in the lemon juice)
5) While the prawns are marinating you can prepare the rice and salad.
6) Cook 1 cup of white rice according to the packet and set aside.
7) Place all Black Bean Corn Salad ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined. Season with more lime juice and salt, to taste and set aside
8) Preheat the grill to 200ºC. Remove the prawns from the marinade and slide 4-5 onto a skewer. Repeat until all prawns are skewered.
9) When the grill reaches 200ºC place the skewers on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side. Once the prawns have turned pink in color, you know they are done cooking!
10) Remove the prawns from the skewers and place them in a bowl. Drizzle on the rest of the olive oil and lemon juice over the shrimp and toss with the chopped coriander. Set aside and begin preparing the Black Bean Corn Salad.
11) Finally, evenly distribute prawns, rice, and black bean corn salad into four separate meal prep containers or bowls and store them in the fridge for a quick grab and go lunch or dinner! *After reheating, serve with a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste.